David M. Boertje
David M. Boertje, Esq., handles criminal cases, personal injury cases, wrongful death cases, consumer and employment class action cases, insurance coverage and insurance bad faith actions including business interruption insurance claim and denial cases. David Boertje has also been class counsel in multiple class action cases that have resulted in many successful settlements, some even 8 figures, including one that settled for $16.5 million and another for $11 million.
Mr. Boertje, has dedicated much of his professional life to defending those accused of crimes and has personally handled thousands of criminal cases. Mr. Boertje is experienced in handling all misdemeanor and felony cases including DUI defense, domestic violence, theft crimes, white collar crimes, drug crimes, probation violations, violent crimes, sex cases, strike cases, and murder. Mr. Boertje has obtained successful results for many of his clients including case dismissals, not guilty verdicts, reduced charges, and favorable plea bargains.
Mr. Boertje has received some very impressive results for his clients’ criminal cases including:
- DUI's - multiple cases where charges not filed, mutliple cases dismissed, not guilty verdicts, multiple felony DUI's reduced to misdemeanors
- Domestic Violence - multiple cases where charges not filed, multiple dismissals
- Assault and Battery - multiple not guilty verdicts
- Felony Fraud Charges - multiple cases dismissed
- Felony Grand Theft Auto - case dismissed
- Robbery and Felony Battery - not guilty verdict
- Felony DUI causing Serious Bodily Injuries - case dismissed
- Possession of Illegal Drugs - multiple cases dismissed
- Manslaughter charges - multiple clients who received probation deals/sentences with no custody or local jail sentences for less than 90 days
- Hit and run charge involving a fatality – negotiated a probation deal that resulted in client serving less than a month of actual jail time even though probation recommended Judge to impose a 3 year prison sentence
- 1st Degree Murder - reduced to involuntary manslaughter, client received 6 years, was facing mandatory 50 years to life if convicted of 1st degree murder
- Additional Case Results
Mr. Boertje also handles all personal injury cases, including auto accidents, wrongful death, catastrophic injuries, spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries and burn injuries, and has obtained many successful settlements. Click here for more information on our personal injury law practice.
Mr. Boertje received his Juris Doctor degree at the University of San Diego School of Law in 2002 where he focused on criminal law, trial advocacy, and litigation. During law school he also served as President of the Criminal Law Society. Prior to forming Boertje & Associates, Mr. Boertje interned with the San Diego County Public Defender’s Office and also worked for one of the largest insurance subrogation law firms in the U.S. (over 500 lawyers nationwide) working on subrogation cases, insurance coverage cases and bad faith cases for large insurance companies.
David is admitted to practice in California and multiple Federal District Courts and is an active member of the California Bar Association, the American Bar Association, and the San Diego County Bar Association.
*Please note, that the above results are a list of some of Mr. Boertje's favorable results and do not constitute a guarantee or prediction as to the outcome of future cases.