David M. Boertje
David M. Boertje, Esq., has dedicated his professional life to defending those accused of crimes and has personally handled hundreds of criminal cases. Mr. Boertje is experienced in handling all misdemeanor and felony cases including DUI defense, domestic violence, theft crimes, white collar crimes, drug crimes, probation violations, violent crimes, strike cases, and murder. Mr. Boertje has obtained successful results for many of his clients including case dismissals, not guilty verdicts, reduced charges, and favorable plea bargains.
Mr. Boertje has received some very impressive results for his clients, including:
- DUI's - multiple cases where charges not filed, mutliple cases dismissed, not guilty verdicts, multiple felony DUI's reduced to misdemeanors
- Domestic Violence - multiple cases where charges not filed, multiple dismissals
- Assault and Battery - not guilty verdict
- Felony Fraud Charges - multiple cases dismissed
- Felony Grand Theft Auto - case dismissed
- Robbery and Felony Battery - case dismissed
- Felony DUI causing Serious Bodily Injuries - case dismissed
- Possession of Illegal Drugs - multiple cases dismissed
- 1st Degree Murder - reduced to involuntary manslaughter, client received 6 years, was facing mandatory 50 years to life if convicted of 1st degree murder
- Additional Case Results
Mr. Boertje received his Juris Doctor degree at the University of San Diego School of Law where he focused on criminal law, trial advocacy, and litigation. During law school he also served as President of the Criminal Law Society. Prior to forming the Law Offices of David M. Boertje, Mr. Boertje interned with the San Diego County Public Defender’s Office.
David is admitted to practice in California and is an active member of the California Bar Association, the American Bar Association, and the San Diego County Bar Association.
*Please note, that the above results are a list of some of Mr. Boertje's favorable results and do not constitute a guarantee or prediction as to the outcome of future cases.